Scientifc Advisory Board
Dr. Elmar Cullmann
- Diploma in Physics at Würzburg University in 1971 and his Ph.D. from the Technical University of Munich in 1977.
- He has been with Karl Suss since 1977 where he developed diffraction-reducing exposure optics for proximity lithography. He introduced mid-UV and deep-UV systems and presented the first excimer laser exposure system in 1984.
- After several years of development in x-ray lithography, he worked in high aspect ratio thick resist applications for MEMS/MST and bump / interconnect technology.
- Dr. Elmar Cullmann is chief scientist of SUSS MicroTec in Munich (FRG).
Prof. Dr. Rene Dandliker
- Diploma in Physics 1963 ETH Zürich, Dr.phil. nat. (physics) 1968 University of Berne, Habilitation (applied physics) 1978 ETH Zürich, since 1978 Prof. (applied optics) University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland, and since 1989 also Prof. EPFL, Lausanne.
- Positions: 1963-1969 Institute of Applied Physics, University of Berne, 1969-1970 Philips Research Laboratories, Eindhoven, 1970-1978 Brown Boveri Research Center, Baden, Switzerland, since 1978 Institute of Microtechnology, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
- Expertise: interferometry, holography, heterodyne detection, Fourier optics, diffractive and refractive micro-optics, nano-optics (subwavelength optics, SNOM), statistical optics (coherence, speckles), liquid crystal optics.
- Honors: Fellow of the OSA, the IoP (London), and the Swiss Society of Optics and Microscopy (SSOM); President of the International Commission for Optics (ICO) and Vice-President of the Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences (SATW); Topical Editor of Applied Optics (OSA) and an Advisory Editor of Optics Communications.
Prof. Dr. Johannes Schwider
- Diploma in Physics in 1961 TU Dresden, Dr. rer. nat. 1966 Humboldt University Berlin, Dr. sc. techn. 1978 TH Ilmenau, Habilitation 1987, since 1993 apl. Prof. University Erlangen
- Positions: 27 years work with the Academy of Sciences in Berlin at Central Institute for Optics and Spectroscopy, 2 years with Heinrich Hertz Institute GmbH in Berlin, since 1990 with at University Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Expertise: Physical optics, wave optics, diffraction and interferometry, more than 30 years experience in interferometry, more than 10 years experience in micro-optics diffractive and refractive, more than 10 years engaged in optical interconnects for computers and LAN´s.
- Homepage of Prof. Dr. Johannes Schwider